Not So Fun Facts:
#1 The United States borrowed about $41,000 every second in 2010 to fund our federal government.
#2 Every man, woman and child in our homeland now owes about $45,000 in debt to foreign banks.
#3 In less than two months (mid-March) our nation will reach our $14.3 trillion debt limit and the only tangible steps taken in Washington to address this catastrophe are to raise the limit and keep on spending.
#4 By the end of this decade, the White House Budget Office forecasts interest on the debt alone to be almost $1 trillion per year, or about $3,000 per person per year.
#5 States are broke, services are being cut, the people are over-taxed and the economy is fragile.
#6 At this pace, world confidence in the dollar will shatter and the American Middle Class will be destroyed.
Enough is enough!
We don’t need a crystal ball to see gridlock, superficial change, and another $2 trillion in debt over the next two years. Our only choice of leadership has been either big government liberals or big government conservatives. Spending money is power, and both parties are addicted to it. It is time for real change. We want a balanced federal budget, fair taxes, a free market, and a return to states rights and individual freedoms. We don’t want a big and intrusive government.
We know what we want, but do not have a clear path to get there. That is until now – an Average Joe Speaks. With detail and clarity from an Average Joe’s perspective, I have attempted to document an Agenda and specific steps we can take to save our country for our children and our children’s children. Please see,
An Average Joe with a Few Things to Say
“A Common Man’s Guide to Taking Back Our Country”
By: A.J. American
It is available here or at amazon.com in paperback and for the Kindle (available soon in brick and mortar book stores).
The solutions in this book are guided by uncompromising, non-partisan principles.
- Our country is doomed to economic failure unless we balance the federal budget, start to pay down the debt, and reform taxation. $100 billion in 2011 or $2.5 trillion is like putting a bandage on a severed arm. 60,000 pages of tax code is an insult.
- Government is not an industry. It's overhead. A big government is by definition ineffective.
- Government spending and tax breaks, without cost cuts, are temporary stimuli and long term nightmares.
- Free-markets work, government intrusion does not. This is independent of how Washington plays the blame game.
- Government should provide a limited, but effective social safety "trampoline" to citizens and legal residents.
- Washington has lost control and can no longer fix the problems that threaten our future. The States must exercise their constitutional power and intervene.
- Absolute equality - everyone shares in the cuts and everyone benefits in the prosperity. The federal government must not pick winners and losers.
The Book Outline:
- A February, 2013 Constitutional Convention with the purpose of defining the role of government and ratifying a new Bill of Responsibilities, ten constitutional amendments including a balanced budget amendment
- Reorganizing and downsizing the Executive Branch from over 2 million to 1.3 million civilian employees
- A simplified federal tax code and a new Economic Fund to support GDP growth and jobs
- Protecting the Social Security and Medicare trusts for future generations from pillaging for other spending
- Free-market solutions for the economy, health care, energy and education
- Fixing the broken naturalization system and putting an end to illegal immigration
- An itemized balanced budget that pays down the debt and returns money to the states and the people
- Absolute equality – everyone shares in the cuts and everyone benefits in the future prosperity
I ask you to read and discuss. Then, let’s act. The Constitution gives the majority of the rights and responsibilities of governing to the people and to the States in our Federalist style of government.
Time is short, if we are to push an aggressive, grass-roots agenda for the 2012 elections. Our time is now.
Please forward links to this website to everyone of voting age.
Average Joe (AJ) American
P.S. Email me your Feedback after reading the book. See a few initial comments from the test group under.
Facebook: average joe american to "like" the book, or ajspeaks to "friend" the author or support the "cause"